Friday, May 14, 2004

I learned some songs which wish peace in Scott's class and I moved all of them. Their lyrics hurt me and made me think about the importance of peace more. I also envy the singers who sing songs to wish peace because they have their way to convey their thought and can influence many people's minds. Almost all people in this world are wishing all the wars and conflicts stop right now and living without giving up. However most of them include me don't have the means to convey our thoughts. I can't sing any song. I'm not a teacher like Scott so I can't tell people that the importance of peace. Then how can I do to show my wish towards being peace? What can I do to make peaceful world? I can raise money. I can send clothes and stationaries. My highschool sent the recorders to some school in poor countries. We could donete our recorder which we didn't need in our music classes. Also,I can buy things at charity bazar. I bought the charity CD titled "hope". Many famous singers' songs in the CD and they worked for nothing, just hoping the children in Iraq will be happily and live in pearce. But I still feel have distance between the people who need help and me. Recently I'm interested in working as a member of an international volunteer group. I realized almost all children in the country where some conflicts and war going on still have dreams and hopes. I want to help them. My idea might be smug which satisfies my own desire, but I want to try if someone need my help. I think just having knowledge about peace and war is meaningless, I mean I have to take action. I'm not a philanthropist. I'm just a Japanese girl who wishes the world will be happy and peace without any conflicts and war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home