Friday, May 28, 2004

I'd like to talk about one of the global issues, crime by the youth. When the media started saying that crime by young people was increasing, I felt bad. It is because I think more adults have been committing crimes, but the way newscasters and commentators talk about the young crimers is worse than they talked about most of mature crimers. I think the crime which was committed by sensible adult is worse than the crime which was committed by immature young people. This happens in Japan. I think Japanese young people are too overpropected in their families and even in society. They are protected by law and young crimer will not imposed bad penalty. I think all crimers should be imposed penalties equally which correspond to the crime they committed. In Japan, young people commit crime to get money and attention from others, to solve their problem like human relations. However once I take a look at crime around the world, I can find some crimes by young people. In America, highschool students brought their guns and fired the guns at their school. Also I know a boy who tried to kill his family by poisoning them. What did drive these young people to do such a thing? I found the impression on the paper that I got in human rights class. It was written after we saw the VTR about the crime in America. He shot his family and clessmates. It said "He used to love his precious people, but he thought he was abandoned. He couldn't love anybody but them any more...and commited crimes". It brought me to reason why the young crimers committed crimes, and why the newscasters and commentators have misgivings about crimes by the youth. I thought the incident in America was sad. Actually, he was loved by his family.

He said, "I love you, mom." when he shot his mother.

Did he really love his mother when he said this to his mother? Did he accept his mother's love?
WHERE IS THE LOVE between him and his mother?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home