Monday, June 07, 2004

Hellow everyone. Do you know where I live? Some of you know that I live in Nara. I'd like to talk about my hometown today. I move to Nara from Osaka when I was 6 years old and at that time I was surprised to see rice fields which spread as far as the eye could see. I have only one convenient store in my town. Yes, where I live is the country side in Nara. I really like here because the air is clean and people are not busy. Also I can hear the frog singing resent nights and the bugs singing the nights in autumn. However I can get to the nearest station from my house within 15 minute by bicycle and it sounds convenient, doesn't it? I'm happy to live in the convenient country side. But now I'm worried about my town. It's becoming like a city... I used to see fireflies (lightning bugs called HOTARU in Japanese) in summer, but I can't see them any more in my town because of the environment was polluted. It is not visible, but I realized it thanks to fireflies. I think not all countries should be cities. There are lots of things which are belong to only country sides, and losing these because of the inhabitants' convenience or just using money vainly. I think we don't need so many meaningless constluctions and facilities. I can't understand why people who plan these things want their towns to become cities. They go to country side on their vacation, don't they? How ridiculous!! I know some problems which the people in country side have so only such things should be improved. I'd like to tell the mayor that "I don't need more cities in Japan, thank you". I wish I could see fireflies in my town someday. Have you ever seen them? According to my grandad, there were many fireflies and they seemed like stars when I was a little child. Let's wish upon stars  。☆:'☆`‥☆∵。☆ミ’☆゚

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home