Monday, July 18, 2005

If someone (who you don't like as an object of love) shows his/her interest in you.....

What will you do?

Im not a type who is popular among guys, but in my case..... I feel like escaping from the guy..

Does this sound strange to you??? Yes, even I think that Im A BIT strange about this. Since I was young, oh no Im still young (hopefully!!), well, since i was in junior-high, I was not good at warding off guys seducing me.

You may think 'Uka, why dont you just tell him ya feeling honestly?'.... I wish I could!!! but I cant say things in roundabout way, so it often be offensive.

In Japanese it is still ok, I can somehow make it roundabout, but in English, I don know how to soften my way to speak...

Can I say something like
-'I dont like you'?
-'Im not interested in you'?
-'Could you stop asking me out coz i don feel like goint out with you?'?

Can you think of any other good way but escaping?

4 Comments:

Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

You are a master of roundabout in japanese eh ;)

You can also say "I don't think it will work" or "No, but we can be friends" (with the last one are you saying that you don't want to go out with him but he's not that horrible) (he should understand the meaning)
Or you can tell directly.

4:11 pm  
Blogger CCoder said...

If i'm remembering well: you had a similar trouble some months ago.
It's not easy... But i think you could say:
"Sorry, but i'm not feeling same things you do. But i still like having you like a friend" (this is like last Bernat's phrase, plus a little more honesty).
Maybe, you could write down what you think/feel in a paper. Then, re-read it one or more times. You will discover lots of ways to "soften" your speak.
Ask me if you've got some trouble.

8:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uka and her boy troubles :) well uka u r one beautiful and sweet girl and i'm not surprised why all the boys love ya :)

Yup i totally agree with the two comments! Just letting them know that u just wanna be friends is a good start. Ur not being mean by saying that at all.

1:38 am  
Blogger mf said...

Ya the Japanese language and culture allow a roundabout way of expressing your feelings, always think that's interesting..

But I find that the most effective way is not to mince words! There's a phrase in Chinese - yi4 zhen1 jian4 xie3 - literally translated to 'one poke/needle see blood', painful but straightforward and clear!

Btw, watched 'ima, ainiyukimasu' last night, love it!

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home