Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hey hey mates!!

I went to the city to have a dinner with my friends today. I had been working on the group project of the Hospitality Service, you know, and I had the dinner with the group members. We ate Korean BBQ at Arirang, and had some alcohol in the pub. All of us finished the exams, and we are now study-free!!! Wooohoooo^^♪ We had a quite nice time together!!

When we were heading to our home, Keiko and I wanted to go to the bathroom. But when we got there, the one for women was closed. And we were at a loss.... then a guy told us that gals can use the one for ppl with disability at the night time. I thought he was kind. I regret what I felt bout him..... I tried to avoid him at first, coz he is an Aboriginal guy. I had been told that Aboriginal people here often drink and beg money. So I had the bad image bout the Aboriginal people, and thought its betta to avoid them. And today, I thought the Aboriginal guy was kind. But..... when we were leaving the bathroom, he said "give me one dollar, please....." The voice was very weak.. I felt so sad.... Its not because that my faith was betrayed, but I had sympathy for those people. They used to be the members of the noble tribe in Australia. But now, they dont have jobs, and may be no social status either.... They seemed miserable. They are victims of the prejudice. Why are they looked down on?? Who hurt their pride as a noble tribe?? If I could, I would help them... but yea, Im at a loss now. Just feeling that Im a helpless.... Only a few Aboriginal people are cherished.. It reminded me of Japanese Ainu tribe. I hope all Aboriginal people will be recognised as important people. But some says that they are spoiled bcause of 'too much' support from the government.. I can agree with the idea too. The way of support doesn't work..
Oh dear, what can I do for them? Nothing??

3 Comments:

Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

I know Yoko, I read his blog.

9:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!! yeah, we had a good time..even though we smelled of BBQ!! he hee

yeah, last night's experience was really shocking for me as well. As you said, I hope that all Aboriginal people will be regarded as important people..Also, young people like us should think about it more importantly and think about the best way to support them trying not to spoil them...

9:11 pm  
Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

I guess, I know that the names finishing with ko are for girls. よこの写真を見たいね ;)

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home