Saturday, June 18, 2005

"There is no Japanese among the victims of the accident"


This speech is often heard from the media when there was an accident in foreign country(I mean country except Japan, as I am a Japanese).

I hate listening to this speech.

I can understand the feeling of families whose family members are in abroad. As I came here, I more understand their feelings, coz my mom might feel just like them. They must be worried their family members in abroad everyday, and they must be afraid of hearing any bad news happen in the countries where their family members are.
So it might sound natural that the information that the families want to hear is if 'there are any Japanese victims'

But this is so sad for me.

Even there are no Japanese who were victimised by the accident, there ARE victims. And there are people who are grieving.

So I think this speech is lack of consideration.

When I heard the news that the international school in Cambodia was occupied by the extremests, I also heard that 'there were no Japanese victims among the children'.... Then?? Is there any victims?? Were people really happy to hear that Japanese children were all unharmed?? Im not. I thought there might be victims, and felt sad.

There are borders among countries, but are there any borders when we care each other??

I NEVER THINK THERE ARE.

Mass media is lopsided.

In Japan, one day news casters say, 'Someone scrawled on a window of subway' on their news program. But they never talk about more considerable, serious incident happened in foreign countries. Do they talk about kidnapped foreign people in Iraq, as much as they did when Japanese people were kidnapped?? How many people know whats going on in Tibet now?

For Japanese people, aren't life of Japanese people equal as the life of people in other countries?? Every life is equally precious.

Then why is this present situation such biased??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home