Friday, June 25, 2004

Hi everyone. What do you think about "Poor and Rich"? I was sad to know that the gap between poor people(or countries) and rich people(or countries) is growing. I think I am a rich though I have little money. I can eat food, have place to sleep, can enjoy entertainment, have education....There are many things 'I can' even thogh I don't have much money. On the other hand most of poor people can't. I used to think the situation of poor people was getting better because many rich countries have sent stuffs and given money to poor countries. Though I realized that I was wrong. Just sending stuffs annd giving money are just contemporary help. If this kind of 'help' continued, poor people would keep depending on stuffs from rich countries. I mean, we need to help poor people to become independent. For example, they need to learn hou to write&read, how to grow food, and how to start business. I had a poster presentaton about Indonesia. Indonesia is a developing country but their situations are getting better. Indonesia has many temples and beautiful beaches for marine sports, so they learned how to attract people in foreign countries to come to Indonesia. Then they started earning money from Tourism. I think every poor country has its own feature which can attract people from rich countries. Also, the raising awareness about poor people and countries will help poor people more. It is thanks to globalization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home