Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Hey everyone! We have busy days, don't we? Don't you think we need to be healed?
As some of you know, I researched about animal assisted therapy for my research paper in Jennie's class last year. I found animals' amazing abilities to mend people then. Recently, I knew about "Wheely Willy". Do you know him? He is a veeeeeryyyyy cute chihuahua!! He can mend you.
Willy was an abondoned dog. When someone found him, he had cut vocal cords and useless hind legs. If present master had not adopted him, he would have been put to sleep. Luckily he was saved,and given a wheelchair called 'Canine Cart'. His master is an owner of a dog grooming business. She and Willy were called by many hospitals, and when she brought Willy to the hospital, many patients were mended. For many patients, Willy was hope. He's still fine and mends many people.
When I saw Willy with canine cart, I thought his legs were useless because of accident. However it was wrong. He was abused and abondoned. Recently child abuse is getting big problem in this society, and many peope take a close look at the issue. But how about animals? Actually I thought of animal abuse as a topic of my research paper last year, but I gave up this topic because I couldn't stand watching terrible webpages and books. I was sad when I saw the heap of furless dead rabbits. People deprived their fur to make rabbit coat. Can you wear luxurious rabbit coat after you see the picture of furless rabbits? Besides, I found a kind of madness in some of the pages. Also, when I had a debate about euthanasia, some group members found the information about animals who were killed because of their masters' selfishness. I was shocked at these facts. Animals' rights should be recognized more. Can you think of any reasons that let people kill animals? Don't you think that animals' lives should be cherished as well as peoples' lives? Who can answer this question; "Someone who killed someone will be arrested, but why someone who killed animals are not arrested?" Why?

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Douglas said...

I completely agree with you!! Gandhi said that you can judge a society by how it treats its animals. I think people need to realise that animals can feel pain too, and that we should not abuse them. There is no excuse for animal abuse, it only causes needless suffering. When I lived in Calgary, I used to volunteer for the Calgary Humane Society. It made me feel good that I was helping poor homeless animals. Sometimes I feel more sorry for animals than people!!

1:09 pm  
Blogger Scott Douglas said...

I completely agree with you!! Gandhi said that you can judge a society by how it treats its animals. I think people need to realise that animals can feel pain too, and that we should not abuse them. There is no excuse for animal abuse, it only causes needless suffering. When I lived in Calgary, I used to volunteer for the Calgary Humane Society. It made me feel good that I was helping poor homeless animals. Sometimes I feel more sorry for animals than people!!

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home