Thursday, October 14, 2004

Good afternoon everyone.

I am fighting against aging problem!!! Of course I'm 20years old. I'm young. (How many of you agree with me?? Ha-ha...) But I am suffering from terrible muscular rheumatism.... I played volleyball and badminton with my coworkers.

Anyway, have you ever studied Peace Study before you entered KGU? I had been to my elementally school every August 6th to study about War and Peace. We saw many war movies on that day. I don't remember much about the movies, but I was shocked when I saw it for the first time. It was "Hadashino Gen". I was only 7 years old at that time, and I spent rest of my summer vacation being frightened by the sound of airplanes. Though, according to Dr. at my "Peace, Conflict and Human Rights" class, there is few peace studies in foreign countries. We saw a kind of war video during the class, and the Dr. asked foreign students if they would show this film to children in their countries. It was an animation and didn't have cruel description, but most of foreign student answered "No". I was surprised to see that. I thought not only I but also many Japanese students had seen mush more cruel movies when they were elementally school children. I think watching such kind of film is important to know how terrible war is, and it is one of good way to approach Peace.

Do you think you can understand the cruelity of war without watching visual materials?
Do you think you can hope Peace without knowing what was war?

I think Peace Study is necessary field for everyone in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home