Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Hi everyone.

I did unnoted bibliography yesternight. (Do you remember this word? "yesternight" means "last night" and we found this word in the movie of Shakespeare. This is old word, though.)
Anyway, I reviewed what I learned about population. I feel irritation to the fact that many parents prefer sons to daughters in many countries. They prefer sons because sons will take care of their parents, daughters cost much money when they get married, sons can be their successors....etc. I was amazed because almost all reasons they prefered sons were not considered for their children, but for themselves. I think parents want children to love, but they use their children to satisfy their selfishness!! They want to be taken care of, they don't want to pay dowry....but do they want to love their children, especially daughters?? I guess "parents prefer sons" means "parents prefer themselves, or their benefit". I can't understand their view. However some Japanese couples still prefer sons. It is because they have succeeded traditional knowledge or technique of something, like kabuki and tea ceremony performance.
Are women still standing on a low position in society? I learned women are employed preferably in England in Area Studies class. The video said that women were likely to study harder than men while they are at school because they should be enough efficient to get good jobs. Then women get higher valuations on their efficiency. While men, who spent their schooldays playing, are in trouble to get jobs. Like this phenomenon, everyone should be valued according to their efficiency, not their gender. In Korea, employers tend to employ beautiful women so many female university students have had cosmetic surgeries!!
Therefore I have to be efficient somehow ;-) Studying? I wish I would smart so that I don't have to study!! Beauty? I don't mind because I won't get a job in Korea!! Hmmm... I think I'll have trouble of getting job!
Ha-ha...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home