Friday, November 05, 2004

Hellow guys, how are you today? I'm good.

Do you know how much you are ?? or How much do you think you are ??
These questions sound strange, I know. But this indicates real ploblem in this world;the mixture of the rich and the poor.

I found a book a few years ago. It had interesting title on it. It said "Don't stole my heart". It might sound like love romance for some of you, but the word heart means his heart, his internal organ. I didn't bought the book because I didn't have time to read the book then, but I read the outline on its back.

He was a boy in poor country and one day he was sold to the rich as a servent. But actually it was not his real job for the rich. The rich bought not him, but his heart. He was cheated and brought to Asian country to have an operation to remove his heart, and....

I'm not sure abut the detail, but needless to say, it amazed me a lot. I'm not familiar to this topis, but I know the future of the children who don't have their internal organs. Of course this is illegal and terrible crime, but I've heard the rich who buy internal organs of the poors include Japanese. Can you believe it?? Imagine, if your precious person has weak internal organ and has to be given the internal organ transplant...but there's no time left for him/her to wait...then someone approaches you about business on internal organ, and he says the operation will be carried out secretly..... Will you kill the poor to save your precious person?? I think you answer NO, but it is true some Japanese answered YES and paid for the business. How shocking!!!
While I was searching about business on internal organs to write a paper for my class, I found the story of the poor who sold her kidney. She used to be poor, but her kidney brought her a lot of money which she can't earn even if she worked hard for the rest of her life. According to the website, there are some poor people who sold their kidney or eye, which people originally have in a pair. They think it is good to get money by selling them because they can live with rest of kidney or eye. How about this one?? I wanna have some comment on this topic.

I'm sorry if I upset you.

Yours, Yuka

3 Comments:

Blogger tigerpearl said...

I don't know about anyone else, but if I were poor and had to make that decision, I don't think I would sell any internal organs. I just don't think it's right to defile your body in that way for money. I think the best thing in life that we have, no matter how much money we have or our social standing, is our health. And without organs, you are not healthy.

4:36 pm  
Blogger tigerpearl said...

I really enjoy reading your blog! Keep up the good work! Also I like some of the same music and movies as you!

6:39 pm  
Blogger Scott Douglas said...

It's just terrible that there is a global trade in things like human organs. In my opinion, things like organs should not be bought and sold at all. When they are available for use (because of donation) they should be free. In fact, everyone in the world should have access to FREE and EQUAL healthcare.

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home