Thursday, October 28, 2004

Hey mates, how are you??

In my Pre-Derauture class and Roger's class, I learned about internet suicide. Internet suicide is one of the bad aspects of globalization. What do you think is the reason why they get togher to die? I felt so strange when I knew about internet suicide. If, if I thought about committing suicide, I would not talk about it to anyone! Don't you think so?? However, internet offers some opportunities to chat, and chat about suicide is included. Chatting on the internet is so easy, so people can talk anything they want. Happiness, joy, irritation, frustration, lazyness....there are various feelings they show on the internet. And surprisingly some people share their feelings of depression and sorrow, and their will to die. These people may not have anyone to shere their feeling near them, or they may not be able to talk about it with them because of some reasons. I feel a kind of fear the exsistence of chatting site which everyone meet people who have same feelings. Originally, person can do something difficult in a group, but can't do it by his/her own. But they can easily get their member to take action together on the internet. I personally think that spreading of internet rises the number of suicider. It pushes hesitating people-people who can't kill themselves, or are not sure if they really want to die-to death. In many cases, there's no ways to persuade people if they reveal their feelings only on the internet. We can't do anything for people who pretend to be fine. Internet was invented for people and brings a lot of advantages, but it tempts people to die. How we can deal with the situation??

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Douglas said...

I was surprised by the group suicides that took place because people met over the internet. I guess the internet was the only place they could find where they could talk to people. I guess they had no one to talk to in their real lives. I wonder if there are any Japanese suicide prevention websites, rather than suicide promotion websites. In Canada we have places called "Distress Centres" that people can call for help. Do you have places like that in Japan? I guess so . . . too bad those people didn't call them.

7:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home