Friday, February 18, 2005

Hey guys, do ya think bout Global Issues lately??
I heard bout homelessness and dealing drugs in Seoul from one of my ex-coworkers, so let me tell ya bout that today.
He went around Korea and found many homeless people in Seoul. According to him, there were more homeless people around Seoul station, much more than Umeda. And what was worse, he saw some drug dealers were speaking to people to sell drugs. dontu think that Japan and Korea are similar?? Both developed countries have both wealth and poverty. But I was so sad to hear that some of people who were selling drug were children. Surprisingly some of their customers are Japanese so those children can speak some easy Japanese words, like "kusuri". It reminded me of young girls (sometimes under 5) at brothels in Thailand who could speak some easy sexual English words because their customers were from rich English-speaking countries, mainly the U.S.
I have been studying Eng to communicate with people from abroad, but to neither sell drugs nor sell my body!!! I can say "drug", but it doesn't mean this is the same thing as Korean children can say "kusuri". I feel sorry for those children .... I want them to learn languages for their happiness!!! When I started to study Eng, I was so excited at the fact that I would be able to make my self understood in abroad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home