Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Gratefulness for my family

Hi there. Since I started my life here, I have been following the current here. Japanese people are too shy to say thank you to their family, especially when they are hat in hand. So there are few occasion to say thank you..... you know what I mean? I think I am bad at explaining this characteristic of Japanese people... Anyway, I rarely say thank you for caring me to my family. and people here are more likely to say 'Oh, thank you mom, its so lovely!!....' or sth like that.
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"
SO.....
"When in Australia, do as Australians do"
Then I enclosed card to say thank you when I sent a birthday gift to my sister, and a mother's day gift to my mom. They were pleased! If i were in Japan, I wouldn't do this till the day of my wedding ceremony!! (In Japan, many brides are likely to read a letter to say thank you to their family, especially their parents during their wedding ceremonies.)
And a few days ago, I received a small package from my mom&sis. They sent me a birthday gift! and there are two cards in it. Hmmm I think this is a good experience! I live in Australia, sepalated from my family, but sending cards each other could be done thanks to this distance and a different culture I experienced here.

1 Comments:

Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

It's nice to thank your family, normally you miss the things you "lose". So, you are out, and you miss your family.
Nice for your part.

5:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home