Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hey mates!!

I went to the city to be a volunteer of the event for new international students. I had been interested in being a volunteer staff, but i was not confident if I could do that. But this time, I tried! I found it was quite fun!! The event was called the Great Race. Around 25 pairs made the rounds of some check points and got to the goal, Town Hall in the city. Some groups of volunteer staffs were standing at each check point. My partner and I were at the 4th(maybe!) check point. But the check point was rather 'check area'. We were told to hung around the area and groups of new students would find us. We had apx 1 hour before our check point opens, so we had cups of hot chocolate before our work;) Our volunteer work were to give participants a stamp and next clue. Eazy ones! Though we had a small trouble, it went smoothly, I think. After that, we all-volunteers and participants, had lunch together. Free food again!! Luckyyyyy meeeeee ;P

Then we hung around the city, and had bubble tea together!! I had a peach milk tea with jelly-the one I had in my first time to came to the city! Yum yum---- :D


When I went back home, I got an email from my mom. I had sent her some kinds of beer, chips and chocolates. And I had sent 2 sets of tea cups for my sister's engagement. That tea cup was so lovely!! The shape of it is unique, and a sweet heart appears when she pours tea(or coffee, hot chocolate.. anything!). At first I bought them coz I liked them, but I thought this sets of tea cups would be a good present for my sister's engagement! Anyway, I was so happy to hear that my mom was pleased with my little gifts. My sister is not in my house now, (she is at work) so I hopr she will like the sets of tea cups!


Ohhh I think i had a really nice day today!! Hope tomorrow will be a great day as well!!! And hope my housemates are coming back soon ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the food free the best one of everything, nice day, but which is the city taht you were?

2:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home